In this post, we are talking about WordPress themes. First, we are talking about some basic things about WordPress themes. WordPress repo has approx 1200 themes many third-party Developers are also offering WordPress theme as paid or free versions.
What is WordPress theme is?
WordPress theme is the collection of files, Which produce a graphcal interface for the user by work together all files. These files are called templates. WordPress Theme has basically two types Parent Theme and Child Theme.
Which files are included in any wp theme?
WordPress Theme is a mixture of –
- Php files.
- Graphics and Images etc.
What the WordPress can themes do?
WordPress Themes are controlling the presentation of content where they can display. Some term WordPress theme controls –
- The layout of the weblog.
- Where the user want to display the content.
- Which content want to display like Images, text etc.
Here we overed some questions regarding WordPress theme. Now come the topic.
Must Read :
- How to choose best theme for yoyr blog.
- WordPress.com v/s Wordprtess.org (self-hosted).
- Top 10 plugins must be on each WordPress blog or site.
- What the hell is WordPress and Blogging too?
How to install WordPress Theme ?
There are 3 different ways to install WordPress themes properly. Let’s explain –
- Searh and install.
- Upload and install ( upload the theme .zip files).
- Install through FTP.
Search and Install – This the easiest way to install any wp theme, but limitations that the only theme available WordPress theme repo only be installed through this function. Full guide –
- Go to WordPress Appearance and Then Theme section.
- Click on add new.
- Preview, if you like. Then click on install and activate it.
Upload and install – Thi is the very popular way Because each site has their different theme. All developers or third-party offers .zip files of the theme through their site or any other source. Guides install theme by this function –
- First Download the theme and store on your PC.
- Log in to WordPress, Then select theme option from appearance menu.
- Click on add new then select upload option.
- Select the desire location of theme and click on install.
- After complete installation, activate it.
Install through FTP – for using this option to add a theme, you must have any unzip software like 7zip. And also an FTP server software Filezilla or Cyberduck etc.
- First, unzip the theme.
- Connect FTP server to your web server.
- Upload the theme in ‘Wp content/themes’ folder.
- Log in to WordPress select Theme from appearance menu.
- Select the theme and activate it.
Must Read: How to install WordPress on Bluehost hosting.
The conclusion – Recently, In this article, we talked about WordPress theme and it’s installation. Guys, you can use any method mentioned above for install WordPress. If you have any problem feel free to ask me.
Sharing is sexy, Happy Blogging.