We are talking about Blogspot vs WordPress, Which one is best? Blogger.com (Blogspot) is run by Google, and The WordPress (Self-hosted) is an open source CMS by Automatic Inc. WordPress has two versions Wordprtess.org (self-hosted) and WordPress.com (hosted by Automatic Inc). In this, tutorial We are comparing WordPress (self-hosted) and Blogger. Let’s clarify Differences between WordPress.com and WordPress.org.
Here are the Highlights of Blogspot or WordPress?
| || ||WORDPRESS (SELF-HOSTED BLOG)||BLOGGER (BLOGSPOT)|
|1.||COST||Software is Free, But need to pay for hosting. Are you looking for Best & Cheap WordPress Hosting?||FREE|
|2.||CUSTOMIZATION||FULL: You have full control over Blog or Website. You can customize anything like PHP, JS etc||Limited: You can customize your Theme & widget only.|
|4.||PAGES||Yes, Unlimited||Yes, 10 Pages only|
|6.||THIRD PARTY PLUGINS||Yes||No|
|7.||IS SUITABLE FOR WEBSITES?||Yes||No|
|8.||CUSTOM DOMAIN NAME||Yes||Yes|
Let’s start the topic, Blogspot vs WordPress –
Blogger – Blogger is free blog publishing tool owned by Google. It has very limitations. On this blogging platform, you will feel like you are alone with your girlfriend, but don’t have permission to romance with them & can be deleted by Google, they found you are violating their rules.
- Blogger is free.
- Comfortable to monetization with Google AdSense.
- User-friendly and easy to use.
- Suitable for beginners (but I don’t recommend to use).
- Theme customization is straightforward. Just need some basic knowledge of CSS, HTML, and JS.
- You can use your custom domain.
- Easily add gadgets.
- You will get a free subdomain like example.blogspot.com.
- Have not permission to log in to databases.
- You have not permitted to check your server files.
- You can’t change your source codes.
- Plugins installation not available.
- Limited themes functions.
- Blogger is owned by Google, mean blog owned by Google but the content is owned by you.
WordPress – WordPress is open source software, which is first released in 2003 by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little with GNU license. Currently, they powering world’s 28% website including big brands like eBay, NY Times, etc. WordPress supports Plugins and theme installation, that means you option to customize your site like you want. Its repo has approx 50000 plugins and 1500 themes as well as many professional and third-party companies offering for this.
Must Read: WordPress.com vs WordPress.org, which one is best?
- Full control over the blog.
- Access databases.
- Full access to the server.
- FTP access.
- Monetize it through Google AdSense as well as an Affiliate program and so on.
- Use your custom design.
- Add functions through Plugins.
- Make SEO friendly through plugins like Yoast SEO, All In One SEO, etc.
- Hosted by you.
- You are the owner of your blog.
- Need to buy hosting. There are many cheap WordPress hosting available. WordPress recommend Bluehost for the host as well as me too.
- You are responsible for managing and upgrading and backup your Website.
- Learn some basics to start WordPress as a Blogging platform.
Getting started with WordPress –
- Buy Hosting via Bluehost.
- One click installs WordPress on Bluehost within 5 minutes.
- Essential settings after installing WordPress.
- Top 10 Plugins should have on each WordPress Blog.
- Full Guide how to start a blog?
The conclusions – Here I have covered my topic, Blogspot vs WordPress which one is best? Explore the opportunities and possibilities with your new WordPress blog. If I have missed anything or have any problems, let us know in the comments form.
Sharing is sexy, Happy blogging!