Are you looking for, How to make a blog on WordPress? What is Blog or WordPress? Then you are on right place. Here I Will be sharing an Ultimate Blogging Guide with you.
So, before we get started just be aware that building your first blog can take up to 15 minutes. It might make sense to bookmark this page if you are planning to start a blog when you have some extra time.
Let’s Start Makin a New Blog on WordPress.
What is Blog?
A Blog is a personal Diary, a collection of thoughts or own Journal. Which is used to express yourself to the world with regular updates. With the help of lots of content, images, Graphs text, etc. For manage any Blog you do not require any Coding skills. Probably you need to have writing and learning skills. Starting a blog is the easiest way to share your ideas and expertise with the world.
Step by step guide, How to make a blog on WordPress?
- An introduction to WordPress.
- Why use WordPress as Blogging Platform.
- Picking a perfect Niche for your blog.
- Buying Hosting and Installing & settings up your WordPress blog.
- A short Review of WordPress Dashboard board.
- Pages vs Posts and Publishing Your first blog post.
- Some useful Resources and Articles.
An introduction to WordPress. What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open-source CMS and Blogging tool. WordPress is first released in 2003 by Matt Mullenweg. Which is built with PHP & MYSQL. Worlds 28% websites and 90% of blogs are running on WordPress. WordPress has Two Versions Self-hosted and Hosted by WordPress.
- WordPress.com v/s WordPress.org, Which one is better?
- Top 8 Blogging platform compared, which one is best for blogging?
- Blogspot vs WordPress, Which One Is Best?
Why Use WordPress for Blog?
- WordPress is free and open-source (You just Need to pay for Hosting and Domain name).
- 50000+ Free plugin and 2000 free themes available in WordPress repo.
- Easy to use.
- Easy to customizable.
- Trusted by Millions professionals and Bloggers including us.
Must Read: A detailed guide, Why use WordPress for Blog?
Picking Up a Perfect Niche for Your Blog –
On of the most important part of our topic, How to make a blog on WordPress? So take a look over here. Making a Blog on WordPress needs A domain name and Web hosting. If you are Beginner to Blogging, Then buy a domain and hosting from the same place.
Otherwise, You can buy a domain name from Namecheap or GoDaddy. There are various Best & Cheap WordPress Hosting providers available, but I will be Recommending you to go for Bluehost. I’m also using Bluehost including www.thebloglogic.com.
Let’s Come on topic, What is the Domain name?
Domain name is a web address, Something like www.yourblog.com. Tips for Picking a perfect domain name –
- Always Choose a catchy and accessible Remembering Name.
- Making it short (Use 10 to 12 letters).
- Use your Main keywords in your Domain name.
Always use Your main keywords in your domain name. Ex www.thebloglogic.com have the main keyword Blog. You can a detailed guide, How to choose a perfect Domain Name?
Buying Hosting from Bluehost and installing & Settings up your WordPress Blog.
Let’s Start, buying hosting from Bluehost. Bluehost is recommended by WordPress as well as Experts. You can also buy Hosting from others. Check our detailed comparisons of Cheap WordPress Hosting providers.
How to buy Hosting from Bluehost?
STEP 1 – Just visit Bluehost.com and then click on Get started now. All The Blog Logic visitors will get a Free domain name with 50% discount.
STEP 2 – Now you need to enter your Domain name. Which you wish to buy or already have. Always purchase Top level domain name like .com, .org or .net etc.
STEP 3 – After that, you need to select a Hosting plan. They have three plan Basic, plus and Prime. The basic plan is perfect for newbie bloggers. Other two are those bloggers, who are getting tons of traffic on their blog.
STEP 4 – Here you need to fill all your information, and First you need to choose the account plan. Within the Basic option, you can want to sign up for 12, 24, or 36 months.
STEP 5 – Unchecked all the add-ons and complete your Payment and You have Done!
Installing WordPress and Setting up your Blog.
Now it’s time for action, You will receive an email from Bluehost. It will contain all of your credentials including FTP, cPanel, etc. So keep this email at a secure place.
- Just Log in to your cPanel with credentials received in email.
- Then Click on WordPress in the Blog section.
- Then fill all information Username, Passwords, and Tick on the automatic database creation.
- Click on the Install button and wait for Complete the process.
- You have done! Now you can log in Your dashboard.
Note: Never use admin as the user name.
First, take a look at WordPress Dashboard.
Take a look at your WordPress dashboard. Just you need to enter www.example.com/wp-admin/, Just replace the example.com with your address.
- Dashboard – Landing page of your Blog’s Admin Panel.
- Posts – Here you can manage your all the post. You can Publish new post as well as View, edit and delete posts.
- Media – Manage your all Media resources.
- Pages – Here you can manage your all the Pages. You can Create new Pages as well as View, edit and delete pages.
- Comments – Everything about comments like Edit, Update, Delete, add New, Approve or disapprove comments.
- Appearance – Add new themes. Customize, add widgets, etc.
- Plugins – Manage your all plugins in place. Add new or deleted existing.
- Users – Manage your users as well as Their roles.
- Tools – Some additional tools, To manage your blog efficiently.
- Settings – Settings of your Blog. Here you will find all of your tools.
Pages vs Posts
Without covering Pages vs Posts, Our topic How to make a blog on WordPress is complete.
Posts – Posts are entries listed in reverse chronological order on the blog home page or on the posts page. It can be found in the Archives, Categories, Recent Posts, and other widgets. Posts are displayed on RSS feeds.
Pages – Pages are static and are not listed by date. Pages do not use tags or categories. An About page is the classic example. Pages are not displayed into RSS feeds.
Publishing Your first Blog post.
Before, writing any blog post always do a keyword research. After that write your articles in Well formatted. Your headline is what makes anyone click, share, and read in the first place. This, more than anything, launches your post in front of your audience.
After that, Always write an informative introduction of your articles. Your blog posts must be in-depth written and crafted with useful resources.
Some Tips, How you can write a Better Blog Posts?
- Use Proper Headings and Sub Headings.
- Make your paragraphs short and easy to read.
- Use proper Bullets and tags.
- Craft it with useful resources and information.
Some other Useful Resources & Guides for WordPress –
Thease resource are very useful for after completing, How to make a Blog on WordPress? Take a look here –
The Conclusion – Now that you know exactly how to make a blog on WordPress, it’s over to you. So, I hope you’re ready to take action! If like to share your idea or expertise to the world or make money from the blog, then start now and setting it up.
Note: This is updating time to time, So bookmark this for future reference.
If need any help or want to ask some things, put your comments below. I will be happy to help you.